To boost the application and use of future internet ICTs in the agri-food sector by:
- identifying and describing the technical, functional and non-functional FI-specifications for experimentation in smart agri-food production as a whole system and in particular for smart farming, smart agri-logistics and smart food awareness
- identifying and developing smart agri-food-specific capabilities and conceptual prototypes, demonstrating critical technological solutions including the feasibility to further develop them in large scale experimentation and validation
- identifying and describing existing experimentation structures and start user community building, resulting in an implementation plan for the next phase
SUB USAGE CASE SCENARIOS
- smart farming - is about individual treatment of animals, plants or m2 of land at the right place and right time through sophisticated sensing & monitoring, decision support and precise application to improve efficiency, productivity, quality, flexibility and chain responsiveness
- smart agri-logistics - is about intelligent matching demand and sourcing followed by smart transport and logistics of agri-food products by e.g. auto-identification, conditioned transport using sensors and control systems, remotely controlled early warning systems, etc.
- smart food awareness - is about enabling the consumer with relevant information e.g. concerning safety, availability, health, environmental protection, animal welfare, etc. using chain information systems